Friday, April 8, 2011

References: Part 1 (Vampires with Teeth)

The Trouble and Strife clarified to the Aliens and I, that by inspiration, she meant something more akin to visual references for the Squirrel King aesthetic, than simply inspiration to keep going. So, in a bid to simply start afresh, here's a first post on the references.

The original impetus for the aesthetic was actually a look I developed for Red Crest Doughnuts, a feature script I've been nurturing for some years about a chicken who runs a doughnut factory and his nemesis, Fat Cat. Beyond the high-end home-made-ness, the essence of that look is inclusiveness, which means it's an ever-expanding look.

In short: if something inspires by it's being, it's in. And I trust that the coherence will not only emerge from the chaos, but be defined by it.

Without further ado, here's the first new reference clip: Buildings and Vampires. I love the way the animation really brings the puppets to life. The plan now, is to do our squirrel's eyes in an analogous fashion.


Chin chin
Ruthless Whims

PS I think I'll still share more inspiration posts all the same, even if they are a little out in left field. Afterall, what is The Squirrel King, if not a chaotic entanglement :)

No comments :

Post a Comment