Monday, September 19, 2011

References: Part 9 (Wind-Powered Mechanical Creatures)

Dear Reader,

I'm not sure where it fits into The Squirrel King yet, indeed it might not be until a future season, but from the moment I saw these wonderful mechanical creatures I knew they would have to be used somewhere. I'm sure you'll agree as soon as you see this:

Animaris Umerus walking - June '09 from Strandbeest on Vimeo.

Also, check out Theo Jansen's site for other cool creations, and a even a mail-order kit to build your own (I'll let you know how fantastic that is when ours arrives).

I can't wait to examine the cogs and gears with the Aliens :)

Chin chin
Ruthless Whims

PS Don't forget that our contest starts this Friday, make sure to check back then for the inspiration clip!

No comments :

Post a Comment