Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Young Poet

Dear Reader,

Yesterday, Alien One brought home some luminous literary highlights. Her teacher, Anne Carey, assures me it was all her own work, but I'm throwing out a big thanks for the wonderful year's tutelage.

Without further ado, here are the delightful gems.

Chin chin
Ruthless Whims

Milk to Butter

Milk in a jug
Shake shake shake
Coming to an end
With a buttery
Taste. Still the
Color of milk.





The Sugar Garden

Sweet peas, sweet peas, they
Smell so good. Minty
Sugar sweet purple
Like the dark night
Sky and the white
In the middle like
The moon and stars.


Lemon Light

A lemon makes me think
Of Lightning or sun that
Shines on me
All day long
And makes
Me have a
Warm feeling
Inside




Red Like Love

A Strawberry reminds
Me of a red shooting
Star or blossoms of red
That bloom all spring long or
Beautiful flowers like love.






A World of Gray

I think of a rock
As a miniature moon
Or a world
With no color
But gray and
It makes me
Feel like a fence
With no feelings.

1 comment :