Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rejuvenated with Fish

Dear Reader,

Returning from a lovely spring break holiday, I wanted to share with you some ruminations for designs a new thread of our story is demanding. Specifically, we're thinking of incorporating a scene that involves a school of lamp-fish; denizens of the deep otherwise known as Anglerfish.

My own initial thoughts involve water-filled balloons (actually the water was Alien One's idea but I think it was inspired genius that will give a better fleshy texture), thin papier mache, fluorescent pen scales and tiny light bulbs (see right for my schematic); then, a visit to the Santa Barbara art gallery shop inspired me to add toothpick structured fins!


In truth, the scene itself still needs writing, but I think I might have to do some prototyping of these fish with the Aliens in the next few days anyway :)

Chin chin
Ruthless Whims

No comments :

Post a Comment